Teaching is in my blood. My father was a schoolmaster, so I’ve always been in touch with the educational world. After twenty years in secondary schools - state and independent; selective and all ability - I left to become a private tutor. Although I enjoyed the classroom banter and the camaraderie of the common room, I have found new joy in coaching individuals. Indeed, students invariably respond when they have the tutor’s undivided attention and it is a delight to see those who have struggled grow in confidence and understanding.
English Tuition Services Offered:
- KS2 and transition to secondary school
- 11+ coaching
- Help with problems caused by dyslexia
- GCSE/IGCSE coaching
- A Level, IB, and Pre-U, including university and Oxbridge entrance
- Advice on essay writing, dissertations, CVs and personal statements.
- Lessons in central Exeter or via the internet
Your English tutor is:
- A qualified sixth form teacher of language and literature
- Trained in the process of selection at 11+ and 13+
- Familiar with a range of examinations, including IGCSE, IB and Pre-U
- Equipped with first hand experience of good state and independent schools
- Qualified with a PGCE and a first class honours degree
- An examiner and moderator who knows what good answers look like.
- In possession of an enhanced and continuously renewed DBS Disclosure.
English Lessons - please explore the website and contact Stephen to discuss your requirements.